Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of high quality guava powder in India.
Guavas are common tropical fruits cultivated and enjoyed in many tropical and subtropical regions. Guava Powder is contracted from a small tree (Guava Tree), with spreading branches. This powdered product gives off a strong, sweet and musky odor. Guava powder is cream white in color. It has a characteristic flavour. Bulk density is 0.65 – 0.80g/ml. passes through the mesh size of #30. Total acidity not more than 2%. pH is between 5-6. Moisture is max 5%. Total ash is max 4%.
|Biological Source||Psidium Guajava|
|Culinary Use of Guava Powder||• Guava powder can be used to flavor ice cream, confections and fruit juices, or boiled with sugar to make jelly, or utilized as pectin to make jelly of low-pectin fruits.
• Guava juice powder is often used in cooking sauces, candies, dried snacks, fruit bars, and desserts.
• Guava Powder also used in fruit punch and preparation of Ice cream soda’s.
• Powder can be sprinkled in different fruit salad dishes.
• Red guava powder can be used as the base of salted products such as sauces, substituting for tomatoes, especially to minimize acidity.
|Health Benefits of Guava Powder||1. Guava Powder are the rich source of dietary fiber and vitamin c with moderate levels of Folic Acid.
2. Guava powder is a source of beta carotene, vitamin A, vitamin C, copper, zinc and selenium.
3. Guava powder can be found to be the rich source of linoleic acid.
4. Guava powder is the best source of Vitamin C. The fruit contains 228 mg of Vitamin C that is equal to 338% of RDA needed in the daily diet.
5. Guava powder act as an antioxidant that increases immune system functioning to protect the body against common diseases.
6. Guava powder has a good amount of lycopene that is carotenoid phytonutrient. Lycopene has anti-tumor properties and protects from prostate cancer.
7. Guava powder contains a high amount of potassium, which is useful to maintain the proper level of sodium in the body. High potassium is also needed for proper fluid i.e. electrolyte maintenance. Hence, it can maintain high blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attack and strokes.
Psidium, Guava bush, Psidium guajava, true guava, fruit tree, gene psidium