Tierra Overseas is supplier of Bay leaves in India.
Bay leaves are native of Asia Minor and is known by the name of ‘Sweet Bay’, ‘Bay Laurel’, ‘Noble Laurel’ and ‘True Laurel’. Indian bay leaf has similar fragrance and taste to cinnamon bark, but is milder. The aroma is more closely related to cassia. The flavour can be improved and bitterness can be reduced by using appropriate drying procedure. A bay leaf is a fragrant leaf from a laurel tree that is used as an herb. Bay leaves can be used either fresh or dry, but dried bay leaves tend to have a stronger flavour.
|Biological Source||Laurus nobilis|
of Bay Leaves
|• Bay leaves are useful in Garam Masala and relevant spices preparation.
• It has aromatic leaves which are used for culinary and medicinal purposes.
• Bay leaves are used in soups, stews, meat, seafood and vegetable dishes. The leaves also flavour many classic French dishes.
• Bay leaves are often used in biryani and other rich spicy dishes.
of Bay Leaves
|• Used as an insecticides to keep moths away. Treats physical problems like, High blood sugar, Migraine, Headaches, Gastric Ulcers.
• Bay leaf essential oil is also used to relieve muscular soreness and enhance blood circulation.
• It is also used to prevent hair loss.
• Fresh leaves are very rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Folic Acid.
• This spice is indeed a very good source of many vitamins such as niacin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid and riboflavin. These B-complex groups of vitamins help in enzyme synthesis, nervous system function, and regulating body metabolism.
Bay laurel leaves,Laurus nobilis,Cinnamomum tamala.,Syzygium polyanthum,Umbellularia californica,California laurel,Oregon myrtle,pepperwood,Syzygium polyanthum,bay rum.