Cheddar Cheese is pungent in flavour, often slightly earthy. Its texture is firm. Cheddar cheese powder is made by taking the moisture out of regular cheese. Three pounds of cheese makes two pounds of powder, producing a velvety smooth, rich flavor. Powdered cheese is popular in the seasoning industry for making sauce bases. Cheddar cheese powder has a long shelf-life and does not require refrigeration. It can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to a year. For longer storage, the powder can be transferred to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge or freezer.
Culinary Use of Cheddar Cheese Powder
• Cheese powder can be used to add cheese flavour into breads by adding the cheese powder while making the dough.
• Cheese powder can be added to pizza seasoning or any other seasonings to give it that extra cheesy kick.
• Cheese powder is used to flavour popcorns once they are popped and hot. Just toss the hot popcorn with some cheese powder.
• Cheese powder can also be hydrated by blending it with some milk or water and then using it as a base to create white creamy sauces from.
• Cheddar cheese powder basically useful for enhancing the flavor of the food and sometimes as an anti caking agent.
Health Benefits of Cheddar Cheese Powder
• Cheddar Cheese powder contains a host of nutrients like calcium, protein, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin B12.
• The high-quality protein in cheese provides the body with essential building blocks for strong muscles.
• It is found to be an excellent source of calcium, protein, phosphorus and fat.