Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of Natural Spinach Powder in India.`
Although Spinach is usually thought of as a food product, it can also be used medicinally and for its nutritional properties. It is excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. it is an annual plant (rarely biennial), which grows up to 30 cm tall. Spinach may survive over winter in temperate regions. The leaves are alternate, simple, ovate to triangular, and very variable in size from about 2–30 cm long and 1–15 cm broad, with larger leaves at the base of the plant and small leaves higher on the flowering stem. The flowers are inconspicuous, yellow-green, 3–4 mm in diameter, maturing into a small, hard, dry, lumpy fruit cluster 5–10 mm across containing several seeds. Powder spinach can be made from long spinach leaves. Seeds, leaves and other ground parts are used to prepare spray dried spinach powder.
Biological Source : Spinacia oleracea L.
Family : Chenopodiaceae
Health Benefits of Spinach Powder
• Spinach is a rich source of beta carotene, lutein and xanthene, all of which are beneficial for eyesight.
• A component of spinach, factor C0-Q10, which is an antioxidant, plays an important role in strengthening muscles, especially heart muscles which continuously pump blood to all parts of the body.
• Spinach is a good source of Viatmin K, which functions in retaining calcium in the bone matrix, thereby leading to bone mineralization. These minerals are also essential for maintaining healthy teeth and nails.
• The lutein and zeaxanthin present in spinach both act as strong antioxidants, thus preventing the eyes from the harsh effects of UV rays that can lead to cataracts.
• A pigment called lutein that is found in spinach has been shown to reduce the occurrence of atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes.
• Different phytonutrients and pigments have been shown to protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun, including UV ray.
Spinacia oleracea, Green Leafy Vegetable, Spinach Leaves