Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of Bay Leaf Oil in India.
Botanical Source : Cinnamomum tamala
Family : Lauraceae
Bay leaf oil is an essential oil which is obtained from the steam distillation of fresh green leaves of bay tree, an evergreen tree. The leaves are gathered from a tree aged at least 5 years old. Salt or seawater is often added in the still. About 0.5 to 1.5 percent of the weight by volume can be extracted into Bay Oil. The product is a yellow liquid with a strong spicy fragrance, which resembles that of clove oil.
Eucalyptol or cineole, linalool, limonene, eugenol, a-terpineol, geraniol, phellandrene, myrcene, a-pinene, b-pinene, neral, chavicol, and geranyl acetate.
Therapeutic properties of Bay leaf essential oil
The most notable therapeutic values of Bay leaf essential oil are anti-bacterial, antifungal, diuretic, stomachic, emmenagogue, tonic, febrifuge, diaphoretic, sedative, astringent, appetite stimulant, anti-neuralgic, expectorant, insecticide, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, cholagogue, antibiotic, aperitif and sudorific.
Cosmetic Use of Bay Leaf Oil
- Cosmetics, perfumery and personal care products.
- Skin Toner.
- Analgesic in aromatherapy.
- Used as a massage oil.
- Useful in hair care products against problems of hair loss, dandruff treatment and in shampoos.
Benefits of Bay leaf Oil
- Bay oil can also help in reducing pain from joint and muscle problems (including sprains and arthritis), and coughs and colds, viral infections, and flu.
- It also functions as a decongestant and can be used to assist in treating respiratory problems.
- Hemorrhages can also be potentially prevented when using bay oil, which can cause blood vessels to contract.
- It has an antifungal property.
- It help ease pain brought by neuralgia,6 which is severe pain that occurs due to a damaged nerve.
- Bay Oil is also useful to prevent Hemorrhages.