Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of lemongrass oil in India.
Biological Source : Cymbopogan citrates
Family : Graminae
Cymbopogon, better known as lemongrass, is a genus of Asian, African, Australian, and tropical island plants in the grass family. Some species (particularly Cymbopogon citratus) are commonly cultivated as culinary and medicinal herbs because of their scent, resembling that of lemons (Citrus limon)
Lemongrass is widely used as a culinary herb in Asian cuisines and also as a medicinal herb in India. It has a subtle citrus flavor and can be dried and powdered, or used fresh. It is commonly used in teas, soups, and curries. It is also suitable for use with poultry, fish, beef, and seafood.
Although lemongrass has traditionally been used to treat digestive problems and high blood pressure, the essential oil has many other potential health benefits. For example, it’s becoming a popular tool in aromatherapy to help relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
Health Benefits for Lemongrass Oil
- It has antibacterial properties.
- It has antifungal Properties.
- It has anti inflammatory properties.
- It has antioxidant properties.
- It may help prevent gastric ulcers or relieve nausea.
- It may help ease diarrhea.
- It may help reduce cholesterol.
- It may help regulate blood sugar and lipids.
- It may act as a pain reliever.
- It may help relieve stress and anxiety.
- It may help relieve headaches and migraines.
Culinary uses of Lemongrass oil
- Lemongrass is used fresh or dried to flavor curries, stir-fries, pickles, soups, stews and salads.
- Lemongrass is intensively used in Tea Preparation.
- Lemongrass oil is also used as a aroma agent in various Chinese cusines.
Other Uses of Lemongrass Oil
- Useful in aromatherapy and Perfume preparations.
- Useful in preparation of Cosmetics and Medicinal preparations.
- Useful in production of Soaps and candles.
- Useful as a mosquito repelling agent.