Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of natural Citronella Oil in India.
Biological Source : Cymbopogen nardus
Family : Poaceae
Citronella oil is obtained from the steam distillation of fresh leaves of Cymbopogen nardus Linn.
The oil is used extensively as a source of perfumery chemicals such as citronellal, citronellol, and geraniol. These chemicals find extensive use in soap, candles and incense, perfumery, cosmetic, and flavouring industries throughout the world. Citronella oil is also a plant-based insect repellent Oil. This Oil is Pale greenish yellow liquid having pungent taste. Soluble in 80% alcohol, fixed oil and insoluble in water. The oil, taken out from the tall thin leaves of Cymbopogon through steam distillation, has a sweet and refreshing aroma with thin consistency. It is one of the most widely used oils in aromatherapy that comes with a wide range of health, skin and hair benefits.
Geraniol (40-60%), Camphene, Limonene, Dipentene, Borneol , Linalool, Methyl eugenol, Cadinene Elimicin.
Uses of Citronella Oil
- It is used as perfume for soaps, brilliantine’s, in mosquito repellent creams and sprays.
- It is used as flavouring agent for liniments and lotions.
- Citronella oil has strong antifungal properties
- Citronella oil is a natural dewormer. It can eradicate harmful organisms (worms) from our stomach, small intestine and large intestine, thereby treating loss of appetite.
- It is a natural detoxifier that helps our body get rid of harmful toxic materials and sometimes, prevents them from being active in our body. The oil is diaphoretic by nature (2), which increases sweating in our body and facilitates the detoxification by eliminating additional fat, oil, salt, uric acid, etc.
- Due to its detoxifying property, it can also be used for healing orthopaedic problems like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It works as a natural diuretic
- The essential oil is extremely helpful in curing problems related to fluid retention. It maintains the water balance in our body and helps us stay away from spasms or cramping of stomach muscles.
- It is a great pain reliever.
- The oil is also an effective antidepressant. It helps people get rid of gloominess and mental fatigue.