Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of natural Palmarosa Oil in India.
Biological source : Cymbopogon martini
Family : Poaceae
Palmarosa is extracted by the mode of steam distillation through dried grass and leaves before flowering from Cymbopogon martini. The oil is extracted from dried grass before its flowering. The yield is 1 to 1.5 %. Palmarosa oil is colorless to pale yellow color. It has a watery viscosity. The name “palmarosa” was given to the plant because of its fragrance similar to rose oil.
Palmarosa has two varieties :
Sofia is more active with pleasant smelling.
The chemical constituents of Palma Rosa oil are Linalool, mycrene, geranial, geranyl acetate, limonene & dipentene
Palma Rosa oil can blends with Bergamot, rosemary, ylang ylang, lime & Geranium
Benefits of Palmarosa Oil
- Has good hydrating properties.
- Useful in preventing inflammation.
- Balances the sebum or oil production of your skin, aids in the healing of cuts and bruises, and helps remedy acne breakouts..
- It has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties.
- It is very much effective against gram-negative Escherichia coli and gram-positive Staphylococcus aureus species of bacteria.
- It is useful against antiviral agent.
- Palmarosa oil can suppress bacterial growth in urinary tract.
- Palmarosa oil makes digestion process smoother and more efficient.
- It is used to relax mind & counter Physical & nervous exhaustion, nervousness & stress problem.
- Palma Rosa is useful oil for relieving sore, stiff muscle.
- This oil has regenerating power so it easily heal the wound.
- Palmarosa oil has quality to calm the mind & has uplifting effect.
- Indian essential oil of Palmarosais an ingredient in soaps, perfumes & cosmetics.
- It is used in massage oil as this has soothing effect on skin and retains the moisture of skin.
- It is used in creams and lotions; it has a moisturizingand hydrating effect on skin.