Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of Spirulina Powder in India.
Spirulina represents a biomass of cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) that can be consumed by humans and other animals. The two species are Arthrospira platensis and A. maxima.
Arthrospira is used as a dietary supplement or whole food. It is also used as a feed supplement in the aquaculture, aquarium, and poultry industries. They occur naturally in tropical and subtropical lakes with high pH and high concentrations of carbonate and bicarbonate. Spirulina thrives at a pH around 8.5 and above, which will get more alkaline, and a temperature around 30 °C (86 °F). They are autotrophic, meaning that they are able to make their own food, and do not need a living energy or organic carbon source.
Spirulina is an organism that grows in both fresh and salt water. It is a type of cyanobacteria, which is a family of single-celled microbes that are often referred to as blue-green algae. Just like plants, cyanobacteria can produce energy from sunlight via a process called photosynthesis.
Spirulina Powder Contains
- Protein: 4 grams
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): 11%
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 15%
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): 4%
- Copper: 21% of the RDA
- Iron: 11% of the RDA
- It also contains decent amounts of magnesium, potassium and manganese and small amounts of almost every other nutrient that you need.
Health Benefits of Spirulina Powder
- Powerful Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Properties.
- Can Lower “Bad” LDL and Triglyceride Levels.
- Protects “Bad” LDL Cholesterol From Oxidation.
- May Have Anti-Cancer Properties.
- Reduces Blood Pressure.
- Improves Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis.
- May Be Effective Against Anemia.
- Improve Muscle Strength and Endurance.
- May Aid Blood Sugar Control.
- Useful in high cholesterol, allergies and diabetes.
- Useful in the treatment of Oral Cancer.